Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Hello, my name is Keely and I am new both to Calgary and Canada! I just recently graduated from San Jose State University with my master's in OT and will be moving to Calgary later this week. I have experience with a wide range of pediatric clients from both of my fieldwork sites as well as being a nanny to a special needs child but would love to hear what experienced clinicians have to offer, especially since I am new to the Canadian system.
I am interested in trying to set up any sort of shadowing opportunities to see how the Canadian system compares to the US system and of course to see what's out there. So any possible connections to local Calgary OTs would also be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Tuesday, 14 January 2014
kidsTHERAPY and The Spiral Foundation are pleased to announce the courseEyesight to Insight: Visual/Vestibular Assessment and TreatmentCourse ▪ ▪ Guelph, OntarioCarl Hillier, OD, FCOVD and Mary Kawar, MS, OT/Lhttp://www.scribd.com/doc/
198931662/Eyesight-to-Insight- Course-Summary-and- Registration-Form-for-May-9- 10-2014-Guelph-OntarioAn excellent opportunity for new graduates and those looking to advance their clinical assessment and treatment skills.This is an exciting opportunity to be taught by a dynamic, collaborative team and is pertinent to individuals and professionals interested in vision and its impact on learning and motor function.The information is this course is also relevant to professionals working within adult populations.Please contact us if you require more information. Our registration form and course summary can be viewed or downloaded via the above link.Please feel free to forward this information to others who may be interested.
Elizabeth J. Bell,Occupational TherapistDirector of Program ServiceskidsTHERAPY
Tuesday, 7 January 2014
Occupational Therapist (Part-time/Contract position available)
We are currently seeking an Occupational Therapist with experience in pediatrics to join our team.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited Canadian occupational therapy program and /or successful completion of Canadian O.T. certification exam process
- Licensed to practice under the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Minimum one (1) year clinical experience.
- Experience with sensory integration, motor development, self-care skills and normal development as well as working with children in the areas of Autism Spectrum Disorder, will be an asset
- Work with clients and their families to set OT goals which are occupation focused and have targeted, measurable outcomes
- Provide direct service, consultation, mediation and education to client, family and community providers with a focus on maximizing a child's function in the areas of self-care; productivity (school and play skills) and leisure (community participation)
- Utilize research to establish and support evidence-based practice
- Provision of in-school consultations to parents and/or teachers as and when needed
- We have part time and contract positions available
- Flexible work schedules (daytime/evenings and/or weekends) available with additional options of completing the administrative part of the work (e.g. report writing etc.) from a home office
Interested applicants, please email your application and CV (including your expected remuneration) to email@example.com . We thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. This posting is open until filled.
Our contact details:
From Play to Words
27 Governor Place
Spruce Grove, AB T7X0M2
We are excited to announce that Sheila Frick is returning to Calgary . She shared a wealth of information last year and we are pleased that she is able to return to share her knowledge. Stay tuned for more details in the next few weeks.We hope you can join us!Carol Vickery and Krista Plosz