Hi everyone!We are very excited to announce that we have added several new groups to our repertoire for the upcoming Winter Session! Take a look:Kids Club Group 4 weeks 1 hour, weekday evenings
each 4 week program will be comprised of a common interest such as: Builders Club kids will have an opportunity to build with different materials to explore collaborative building and share their favourite hobby with friends. Games Club friends will get together to learn and play new and familiar games such as "don't break the ice", "Buckeroo", etc...Club members will be invited to bring their own favourites to share with friends. Just to name a few of the upcoming
Sensational ARTists - weekday evenings
8 weeks of fun exploring ART, collaboration and getting messy!
MUSIC & Play - weekday evenings
8 weeks of learning and exploring the world of music.
Suspect Scientists - 8 weeks, 1hr
Fridays 5:30-6:30pm January 23-March 13, 2015
Prepare yourselves for 8 weeks of mystery, adventures and of course science. Your two lead scientists have worked hard to prepare experiments that should provide you clues as to how on Earth a member of IRInc managed to steal the product of what was one of the most exciting science experiments ever preformed! You will be asked to get creative, get messy and get prepared to be amazed by some pretty wacky science. This program will target fine motor development, creative thinking, problem solving and social interactions - science experiments will require turn taking, sharing and patience.
Saturdays will of course have Gym Buddies, Small Talk -Imagination Station and ST Movie Makers.
Quirky Teens will run only if there is a minimum of 6 teens enrolled.Registration is now open - e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Please see the attached document for more information.Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have!Thank-you,Tegan (and the IRI Team)
Tuesday, 25 November 2014
Family looking for an OT to join their private specialized services team in Calgary SW (nr Signal Hill). Son is 9 years old and is diagnosed with Autism. He attends school, so we need someone willing to work evenings or weekends. Please email@example.com if interested.
Friday, 21 November 2014
Monday, 17 November 2014
During the winter semester of 2015 (January - March 2015), second year students in the MScOT Program at the University of Alberta take the OCCTH 558 course entitled "Enabling Occupation: Community". The course instructor is Prof. Sharon Brintnell. The course requires groups of students to develop community programs (whether new or to expand on existing programs) that are relevant to the clinical community. To this end we are once again (as per the last 3 years) seeking your input into any community project that you would like to have developed for your site or organization.
Click here for an attachment from Prof. Brintnell giving the project outline & form, as well as a list of the project titles from 2014. I realize that the submission date was noted to be , but this deadline is being extended a bit. Please submit all requests to: firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1, 2014.
Thank you and we look forward to receiving your submissions and to helping promote community development.
Wednesday, 12 November 2014
Webinar for Integrated Listening Systems for Autism and Wilbarger.
Host: Charlene Wright
Date: November 14, 2014
Time: 11am - 1pm
Address: 619 75 Ave NW, Calgary AB
Two hours is a bit long to sit alone in a webinar, but I have paid the $100 so I will let the webinar run on the liviing room tv and welcome some discussion as it plays. there will also be a fire in the wood stove in the sunroom for those who want discussion and the kitchen in between.
I would be willing to coach anyone who is interested in learnin ghte Wilbarger protocol and having others check my technique too.
Bring your lunch!
- Charlene Wright
Monday, 3 November 2014
Pediatric Occupational Therapist
To the Stars Occupational Therapy and Wellness Centre is a progressive, fast growing company located in the beautiful city of Lacombe, Alberta. We provide services to children and families through home and school based programming. We pride ourselves in offering wellness programs to children and adults that include yoga, art, music, social skills and relaxation through inclusive group programs as well.
We are looking for the right person to expand our occupational therapy team. We are looking for an energetic, creative and passionate therapist that can empower children and families. This person must be well organized, have excellent interpersonal skills and have experience working with children with differing abilities. Experience and training in sensory processing would be a definite asset.
This position would offer:
- A strong and experienced team of occupational therapists to collaborate with
- Competitive wages
- Extended health care and benefits
- Ability to increase FTE as the business grows
- Professional development support
- A strong working relationship with other private and publicly funded programs in our area
- Free yoga and wellness programs within our centre
- Flexibility to work within school holidays or to offer summer camps and programming
- The ability to take your practice to the next level by facilitating groups and offering workshops to schools and parents. We encourage creative and forward thinking, you may have our next great idea.
- Assessment and occupational therapy consultation within prekindergarten and kindergarten classrooms
- Provision of occupational therapy services through FSCD as part of a specialized services team
- Planning and facilitation of inclusive children’s wellness programs
- Documentation and maintenance of client care records and statistics
- Degree in Occupational Therapy (Bachelors or Masters)
- Registered and in good standing with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists
- Access to vehicle and valid drivers license
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal commuication
- Pediatric experience (minimum one year)
- Ability to work some evenings
We are looking to fill this position immediately. Please direct your resume and cover letter to:
#3 5623 Wolf Creek Drive,
Lacombe AB T4L 0A5
p. 403.786.0006 f. 403.786.0252