Ability Society – Early Birds (Specialized Services) Team
The Ability Society is looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our Early Birds team. Our program services children (2-17 years of age) and their families. The majority of our clients are children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and other developmental disorders. Therapy is held in the home, community and at our office. Therapy is provided following a parent teaching/coaching model with a play therapy focus. This is a sole charge position, working within a close-knit and supportive multidisciplinary team.
Applicants who are independent and self-motivated, with strong teamwork and communication skills are encouraged to apply. Applicants must have the ability to develop and implement service plans in collaboration with both the families and the members of the multidisciplinary team. Applicants must have the flexibility and innovative thinking required to provide high-quality services to a culturally diverse caseload. Applicants must also have the ability to work flexible hours (weekdays).
· Assess child’s strengths and needs in motor development, sensory processing and modulation, self-care and feeding skills as they relate to occupational performance
· Develop Occupational Therapy goals as part of a multidisciplinary service plan
· Implement Occupational Therapy intervention, including teaching parents and supervising therapy aides (i.e., Family Coaches)
· Complete progress reports, assessment reports and other relevant documentation
· Liaise with community organizations and school therapy teams
· Oversee the development of the Ability Society’s new multi-sensory room and supervise the sensory room program
· Preferred experience with feeding
· Undergraduate or graduate degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution
· Current registration with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
· Alberta driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
· Experience with children with autism and/or children with disabilities a necessity
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferred
· Excellent compensation that meets or exceeds the HSAA grid, based on training and experience
· An exciting professional development program to enhance the career of the successful candidate
Kerry Campbell, Clinical Coordinator
We thank all applicants for your interest. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.