Location: Early Education & Family Wellness Centre
Competition #: 5724
Open To: All
Date Posted: June 14th, 2017
Job Start Date:
$37.01 to $56.76
Hours Per Week:
.5 FTE Part Time
Wetaskiwin Regional Public Schools requires an individual to fill the position of Occupational Therapist to work directly with children, their families, and school staff in a supportive, multidisciplinary environment. This position involves providing assessment, consultation, program planning, and therapeutic interventions for students with a variety of needs and diagnoses. The successful candidate will be a team member at the Early Education & Family Wellness Centre in Wetaskiwin but will also assist with the School division’s Kindergarten students as required.
Preference will be given to the candidate with the following qualifications:
- Two years pediatric experience
- Passion and commitment for working with children
- Registration with Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Superior skills in diagnosis and program intervention
- Develop and implement therapy goals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in dealing with parents, children and teachers
- The ability to work cooperatively in a multidisciplinary team
- Own vehicle required to drive to sites within WRPS’s school division
This position works for 10 months of the year and comes with full benefits and a pension plan.
Interested applicants should include a covering letter, resume and the names of three references, (please include your written consent to contact references).
As a successful applicant you will be required to submit a current Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check and a Child Intervention (Welfare) Check.
We appreciate and consider all applications but only candidates chosen for our short list will be contacted.